Sew Floral Summer Dress!

Exams are finally over – And I have to admit I haven’t really done much! Except, I finished Penny’s summer dress that I started absolutely EONS ago!

I took it home, mostly finished, before the exams started (and that was weeks ago!) to fit it, and its been sat, gathering creases ever since!

Except now it is done! And I am rather pleased with it!

I used a New Look 6624 view C in a ditzy (chintzy?) floral pattern with cream cotton bias binding for the neckline.

It wasn’t too difficult a sew: the front of the bodice is in two parts, with gathering under the bias. It has a side zip and I used blue ribbon as bias for the sleeves.

20140605_130454

Alterations included adding another dart in the bust to make the shoulders narrower, and reducing the length of the back of the bodice.

20140605_152415

All in all, I think Penny is happy with her dress!

20140605_180544

P: I am very happy with my dress, thank you very much!

Haha, we went to Stratford-Upon-Avon today, Penny in her floral dress and I in a jersey dress I made (tomorrows post!), so we had beautiful photo opportunities and were chased by a swan!

Haha, post will be up tomorrow because I have been a busy Bea!

Cheerio!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s